I'm always on the hunt for easy meals to make for my toddler (who still only has 4 teeth!). There are tons of awesome mini frittata recipes on Pinterest that you can make ahead of time and have stacked in the fridge or freezer, ready to go. The best part? It's easy to sneak in healthy veggies to ensure your child is getting those important nutrients.
Here is an easy recipe I love that you can modify to your own taste:
Toddler Mini Frittatas
1. (1 cup) Steamed or sautéed veggie of choice. Good options are broccoli, spinach, zucchini, tomatoes and/or cauliflower. Chop veggies based on your child's chewing abilities.
2. 6 Scrambled eggs + 1/2 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
3. Grease a large muffin tin or use muffin liners
4. Pour eggs into muffin tins and add in chopped veggies
5. Add 1/2 - 1 cup shredded cheese (based on your cheesy desires)
6. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
If you have the time (and energy) I love to sautée the veggies in some garlic and olive oil before adding to the eggs. Gives the dish nice flavor and makes for more taste sensations for your child.
I'll put different veggies into different cups to have a variety on hand.
Some great combos-
If you're looking to save even more time you can crack the eggs right into the cups. No scrambling necessary!
A bacon fan? Chop some up and throw it in. Works with ham and sausage too.